April 16, 2009

To Willie...

I hate your blue eyes and the way they crinkle when you laugh or smile. Or the way they shine into the very depths of my black soul, bringing in some light to a lonely heart.
I hate your golden hair and how you have to flip it every time it goes into your eyes and how it reflects the sunlight and blinds me a little.
I hate your lips and how much I wish I could kiss them every time I see you.
I hate it when you hug me because it's never close enough and it's never long enough.
I hate your hands and how they shake when you hold mine.
I hate being around you because my words never come out right and I always do a great job at making a fool out of myself.
I hate how your face crinkles up when you're unsure or feel bad for someone.
I hate how you always try to surprise me by coming up behind me.
I hate how we have to go separate ways every time I say goodbye; You to your bus and I on the long walk home.
I hate how you invade my thoughts and affect my mood.
I hate that one text from you is enough to make my heart beat way too fast and my hands shake with excitement and joy.
I hate that when you look into my eyes, my whole face reddens and I can barely find the strength to look you in the eye as well.
I hate how nonchalant you are and how at peace you make me feel...other than those butterflies in my stomach of course.
I hate the way you look at me, they way you talk and laugh with me....
And I REALLY can't stand how much I love all these things about you. It makes it that much harder for me to accept you're leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment