June 22, 2009

Palestine

I watched you take your way out
Behind me, you're leaving.
I thought I'd cry my heart out
Beside me, but I didn't.

And I'm not gonna miss your silly smile
I'm not gonna miss your "Hey, Hello."
And when my world starts going under, I'm not gonna wonder "Where'd you go?"
And all the battles we fought
And all the mountains we climbed
I know you'll forget, let me slip out of your mind...and into Palestine.

So I took your picture
stuck frozen in a smile.
And all your worries are hidden
so happy, for a little while.

The diploma was your ticket
and the roads, your map.
When you leave, take my spirit.
So far apart we'll never be.

But I can't miss your silly smile.
I won't miss your "Hey Hello."
And when my world starts going under
I'll be thinking "Do you know?"
And all the battles we could have fought
And all the mountains we've yet to climb
I know you'll forget and let me slip out of your mind and into Palestine.



By,
Analiz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment